Monday, June 4, 2007

U-whaaaat???

So Riley's favorite show is The Backyardigans. Ok, we don't have cable so she hasn't really seen any kid shows that we haven't specifically shown her but she really loves the Backyardigans DVDs that we give her.

Today I was talking to her about the characters, whose names are: Tasha, Tyrone, Austin, Pablo, and Uniqua.

I say, "Tasha"
Riley says, "TASHA!" (her favorite)
I say, "Tyrone"
Riley says, "Tywoon"
I say, "Austin"
Riley says, "Oppositin"
I say, "Pablo"
Riley says, "Paahhlo"
I say, "Uniqua"
Riley says.............."U-nigga"

No joke, that's exactly what it sounded like. So I asked her again, "Riley say 'Uniqua' please"
She says, "Nikga!"
"No, honey that doesn't sound like her name. Say Uniqua."
Riley says, "Unigga"

So I laughed until I had tears coming out of my eyes and then called my mom and had her tell my mom.
I know, I'm a bad bad parent.
She can say it without busting out the racial slurs now but it was shockingly hilarious while it lasted.


Here's a swimming picture from Friday.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

aww she is getting big! that is too funny!

Anonymous said...

ahh...Riley is too funny.