Friday, June 15, 2007

Poor little Riley

We went swimming today and Riley had a bad little accident. I'm surprised she didn't do something worse that would have needed stitches. I'm surprised she hasn't ever needed stitches yet at her age and with her fearlessness.

So here is the lovely fountain and pretty design crap at the end of the pool. I don't really know what the point of those 4 big cubes are, I guess a little faux stepping stone bridge where it really isn't necessary. See how they are actually individual blocks of concrete and not connected??


Here's a picture up close of the last stepping stone block thing and the wall of the pool, with my shoes for an example of the scale.


AND here is Riley's leg after she slid and her leg got wedged down in that space between the side wall of the pool and the big concrete post stepping stone thingamadoohicky.



And here is a shot of her chin after she bumped it on the side

So I figure it is my fault for not keeping up with her enough and so she was able to get on there and fall. I don't think anyone is really supposed to be walking over there it is just a decorative feature.
My mom thinks I should have gone and complained to the management (this is an apartment pool) and told them they need to change that because it isn't safe and any kid could fall and get stuck in there.
I don't know, what do you think?

Also, I was finally going to go and get the kids' studio pictures taken this weekend and of course she ends up with a bloody face scab.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh poor kiddo! i would definatly complain

Anonymous said...

I would complain, too. And, doesn't that always happen right before you have prfessional pics taken...it seems like it to me:(