Friday, June 15, 2007

bum-bum-bum: no more pictures

Yep. Riley has destroyed yet another digital camera. The first one I got in 12/04 before she was born and it lasted until 9/05 when she threw it on the floor. I didn't get a new one until Black Friday (day after Thanksgiving) which means I have no pictures of her first Halloween with her special bunny costume that I made just for her. So the second camera lasted from after Thanksgiving 2005 until today.

I have no idea what she did with it. I'm guessing it was turned on with the lens extended on the front and she pushed and jammed it back in by pushing on it. It is sticking out just a little bit and when I power the camera on and off, nothing happens. It doesn't move and nothing shows on the view screen except for the Canon logo and after 15 seconds it goes beep-beep-beep-beep and shuts itself off. Can't go into review mode and view the saved pictures on the screen either. I don't know if it will load them into the computer or not, because before it was broken it was already not uploading today and I think something was wrong with the USB connection because my computer wasn't recognizing that the camera was plugged in.

I'm going to try to take it to a camera store and see if it can be fixed. To people that are really into cameras it isn't much and they'll probably just tell me to replace it. It is only 4.0 megapixels and 1.5 years old but it is all I got. I paid $200 for it and I hate the idea of just forgetting about it.
And now that I've gone through two I'm a little hesitant to keep getting more. They aren't supposed to be disposable. But I'm all about pictures and I want to be able to take good pictures of my babies for them to look at when they are older.
I don't know what I'm going to do, we really can't afford to get another one. I'm still trying to sell the stupid old Jeep but if there's any spare cash from that I'd like to use it to pay up on hospital bills from when we were in there.


Oh yeah, those pictures in that last post are from using my sister's camera and I do have a bunch more cute ones from today that I got from her that I will post up in the real morning.

No comments: