Tuesday, August 21, 2007

What do you know???

Or maybe what do you not know? I've been tagged by The Rogue Midwife to make a list of 8 things about me and then pass it on.

Here are the rules for being tagged:
RULES - Post rules before giving the facts - Players start with eight random facts/habits about themselves - People who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules - At the end of the your blog you need to tag six people and list their names - Leave them a comment on their blog, telling them they have been tagged and not to forget to read your blog.


Ok here we go,

1. I am a...foodophile? a poor-man's foodie? I have yet to come up with a good name for it yet. But I really love to eat and prepare and talk about food, and have way too much of an attachment to eating and tend to eat more than I should. BUT I am not an adventurous eater and any true foodie would turn up their nose and laugh at me and I know it. But I love restaurants, even junk ones like Golden Corral and Applebee's. (But never McDonald's) I would go out to eat every day if I could. I love the experience of eating a meal. I love junk food, including and especially Coke AND Pepsi. I don't know how I'm ever going to stick to a healthy diet. (Don't get the impression I'm trying now, I'm not)

2. I'm a phobic, anxiety-ridden worrywart, and I'm sick of it and I'm doing something about it. I made my first call to a psychologist/therapist practice today. They weren't open and I had to leave a message, but I called.

3. I am not opposed to cosmetic surgery for myself and if/when I have the funds (and the Valiums) I will have laser eye surgery, laser hair removal, porcelain veneers on my teeth, and possibly more, maybe something like this.

4. I hate my house. I hate most houses on the market in our area. I want the room and simplicity of a farm house without living out on a farm with all the wild animals and evil nasty bugs.

5. I love baths and one of my biggest dreams is to have a bathtub big enough for my whole family to bathe together. Like this one. Yes, that is over 6 feet wide and two feet deep. I'm serious about bathtubs. If ever won the lottery, this would be the first thing I'd order.

6. I want a dog like this. But instead I live with a dog like this.

7. I love love love tattoos and will be a body of walking art someday. I want to have my whole back done.

8. I didn't have a wedding and I'm wistful and envious of the whole crazed multi-billion dollar wedding industry, even though I know deep down that it is foolish and frivolous and consumerist and wasteful. I still greedily, selfishly wish I could have done it. But I probably never will. And I don't have the kind of family who would be involved in that kind of thing, or any friends to be wedding attendants. So my reality would never turn out like those dream weddings. But oh, they do looks so dreamy. (This is all my point of view from magazine, TV, and online. I've never been to a real wedding-y wedding. Just a couple backyard bbq things and a union at the courthouse. Never been to a dinner-and-dancing, throwing the bouquet, full-out lavish affair)

I tag Jen, Jaime, Kara, Aimee, Sarah, and Deanna. Sorry to all if you have done this before, just do it again, it is fun!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

we have some stuff in common! I did my six check it out. we should do something sometime and let the kids play. maybe we could actually talk this time! LOL