Thursday, May 17, 2007

Multi=tasker extraordinaire

Shit, how badly did I botch the spelling of that? It is late and I should be sleeping. I'm making a post to explain the fact hat I am trying to become an exclusive pumper as well as an exclusive breastfeeder. And extended for both of them too. If that even makes sense. I'm going to be an EEPingBFer, huh? Basically, Riley takes very well to breastmilk but hasn't successfully nursed yet so I am trying to pump enough to sustain her while also nursing baby Robin. I do still believe that she would be able to latch if she and I could both relax and get all zen at the same time. As it is now, I get jumpy when she puts her mouth on me and she is laughing hysterically at my reaction.
Riley's current intake is about 20-30 oz. of goat's milk per day, I'm hoping that by doing extra pumping I can stimulate myself into oversupply and have some milk stored in the freezer and maybe even some to donate as well.
So I started pumping over the weekend and for the last few days I have been giving Riley one 6oz. bottle of my milk and continuing to let her have her goat milk for the rest. So right now I have 12oz. in the freezer, and 5 in the refrigerator. As of now I'm pumping 3 or 4 times a day and getting about 3 oz. each time. That is per one breast, my pump is the Medela Swing which is a single electric but it does have the double cycling and is rated acceptable for daily use. I could feed a whole roomful of kids with a hospital pump though. I used the Symphony while we were in Children's Mercy, and OMG it was awesome. I'd love to get my nipples on a PIS to try it out. LOL, I'm a punny cheeseball.

Urgh, I'm not sure what the point of this rambling babble is. Oh yeah, I'm putting info here because I'm thinking I'm going to record my pumping sessions and output here so I don't have to try to keep up and maintain something new since I have way too much going on online already. And cause it is helpful to me to read other pumping mom's tips and experiences so maybe if I learn anything and keep track of it, I can pass it on later.
So.

Time: 12:00am 5/17, 2oz. R

2 comments:

Mamaperreca said...

Its not a PIS, but I have an Evenflo Double pump you are welcome to borrow. Call or email me if you wanna try it.
Jaime

Goodson Family said...

Awesome! That's cool that you're pumping for Riley.

(And PS, I totally watch more TV b/c of nursing. If only nursing one child, I'm usually at the computer. But when both want to nurse, we have to sit on the couch, so the TV goes on.)
-Nikki