Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Lazy mom

So I obviously haven't been posting my progress every time I pump, I'm being completely negligent of this blog. If anyone was going to keep track, my output is averaging at about 6-7oz. from 2 pumping sessions a day. I'm not keeping up with it, but I'm going to really try to step it up for the rest of week because I'd like to go without buying anymore milk for Riley. We normally get more every Friday and we did run out on Saturday and haven't replaced it yet so I just have to be able to make as much as she wants.

Life is pretty blah. I'm definitely having some ongoing struggles with Riley. We butt heads a lot and I realize that I really wish she was more low-maintenance. I'd like to be able to sit down for 5 minutes without having her a) touching, poking, pinching and climbing all over me b) whining WITH the binky in her mouth for "choc-choc" or "candy" or "bottle milky" c) knowing that if she isn't doing a or b, she is guaranteed to be making a huge disgusting destructive mess.
She flushed something down the toilet today. I don't know what, but I walked in there after nursing baby and there was about 1 inch of water on the floor in both bathrooms.

We went to my brother's graduation on Sunday. Riley didn't get to go because nobody was willing to take full responsibility for keeping her semi-quiet and in the 'audience' area, not the stage or the graduates seating. I feel pretty guilty that we had a big family event and my daughter wasn't allowed to be part of it.

Brian's parents have been to church with us twice now and are planning on continuing to come. It is pretty weird to me, and there are awkward moments. For example, in a prayer circle this week, people were referring to them by our last name. Which is actually Brian's bio-dad's name because he wouldn't give up the rights for Brian's (step)dad to adopt him. So we were all flinching every time it was said until I finally spoke up. Of course, I'm the only grownup who writes my last name on my nametag at events, so they couldn't be too bothered by it.

Umm....what else has been going on? We moved the big monster debil fish into a new much larger aquarium which is looking good and I will post pictures of them/it soon.

And we're watching TV more often now too, and real TV shows too not just DVD. My only excuse is that it is going to help me stay committed to exclusively breastfeeding little brother because I need something to keep me distracted when I am stuck sitting down and can't do anything. I can't always be online because sometimes it takes two hands to hold onto the kid.

For some reason I never remember or think to use a sling while we're home, it is almost like I only use a carrier when we go somewhere. I guess because I am still so aware of him and worry about bumping him into the wall or sink. I feel like I can't bend or lean over while I am wearing him. And since the main stuff I have to do around the house during the day involves leaning and bending over, ie: putting away dishes, doing and putting away laundry, picking up toys off the floor...well I end up just sitting down to nurse and waiting until I can get him into the bouncy chair or swing before I try doing anything. I'm so not an AP mommy poster child. Ironically I just opened another email account with my login as APMomOlathe. Well, guess what? It just so happens that A.P. are my initials!

I'm feeling so blah because I'm flat-out broke and pretty annoyed by it. Like so totally broke that we aren't even going grocery shopping, to the chiro or doctor (co-pays) or having coke. Wah, I'm really really deprived of having pop.

Also, the gas prices and poorness and general trying to do better has me wanting to try taking the bus somewhere but I can't figure out if the bus goes anywhere I want to go and I'm pretty sure that trying to take Riley on the bus would end up with Riley under the bus.

I'll do a big picture post after this one of graduation and kids at the park.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Don't feel bad about the sling thing - I do the same thing. I love having him in the sling when we're out, but at home it almost seems like it's more trouble than it's worth.