Monday, April 30, 2007

Busy busy weekend

Whew, what a busy weekend we've had! Saturday was the KCAP field trip to check out the Shatto dairy farm. We were disgustingly late, even with Brian to "help" and I actually turned around and started to come home because of how late it was and I hadn't even gotten there yet before he talked me into going the rest of the way because I'd already put the miles on the car and everything. And then he had to talk me into getting out of the car while I was bawling my eyes out because I was so embarrassed and I didn't think I could face anyone after they had specifically told ME to be on time and I was an hour and a half late. It was nice though for him to try to help me, Brian is usually telling me how awful it is for me to screw people over by being late when I'm invited somewhere. And I guess maybe they really are my friends because nobody laughed at me or said anything about how late it was.
Anyway, personal issues aside...I would not drive that far again for those cows. It was neat but I don't think it was worth the trip. Riley almost milked the cow, but just as she was getting ready to touch it, the cow peed everywhere and R got scared!
Cow farm pictures, I didn't take many:







Then, when we got home we went over to Grandpa and Grandma's house and Riley helped Grandpa and some friends paint the house and she had a lot of fun! Daddy painted too.












Big Rob just sat around with me most of the time, although he did have his first run-in with the EVIL 'uncle' T despite my best efforts to foil his approaches. I managed to keep myself in check but just barely. That experience is another post for another time though, and not nearly as fun as this one.





And the most exciting part of the weekend (for Daddy and Riley at least, I'm not so thrilled)...........Daddy got a motorcycle! I'm so sure this is a brilliant idea, and all the thanks can go to Grandpa. This lovely specimen has been rusting under FIL's porch for the last 3 years and he decided he wanted it gone yesterday so now it is in my garage. So let's all welcome a gutted (or whatever you do to a bike) 1976 Suzuki to the family.



1 comment:

The Rogue Midwife said...

Love that pic of all three of the "kids" on the bike!