Saturday, March 17, 2007

Rolling Over

That's what I feel like, a rusty old car whose odometer just rolled over.
41st week, no news.
One of the other moms probably had her baby last night/this morning. Her "due date" was supposed to be the 27th. I'll admit, I did get jealous and kind of upset to hear her talking about having contractions and getting ready to meet her baby. I've never been this patient in my life, and I'll do my best to stick to it but I am starting to get tired of waiting.
I'm (obviously) all for natural childbirth which includes natural labor without induction, but a little bit of me is getting fed up. I've been waiting for a really long time, and nothing is happening! All this build up and anticipation and then no reward!


On the totally superficial, my hair needs re-done again but I think I can't do the blue/purple like I have been because it usually bleeds and fades for about 8 washes after I do it and I really really do not want to let myself believe that I won't be having this baby for 8 more days.
And I don't want to bleed purple in the birth tub because we borrowed it from friends of ours and I'm the first one to borrow it and I would feel awful if I stained it or messed it up.

So, my options are just to re-blonde the whole thing and I'll have weird faded pinkish ends or come up with something else. I have some light blonde stuff sitting around here, or I could go out to the store and get just about anything today although Brian might not like it.


But at this point, anything to make me feel better and take my mind off the laziness that is my uterus. NO fucking contractions!! What the hell is going on (or rather, not going on) here????

I'm also considering putting in a call to my old chiropractor. I quit seeing her several months ago to switch to a clinic that was in-network to our insurance so we could try to take it easy on the finances.
But, she is Webster-certified (read: expert in dealing with pregnant women) and nobody at the clinic is. I'm wondering if a really excellent adjustment would help me out. My next appt. at the clinic is Tuesday and when they scheduled I never thought I would make it that far. Now I really don't want to go, so if I can see my old doctor and cancel that appointment I'll be happy.

Some other people have been talking about accupunture or massage with accupressure. I don't have any idea how much that costs or where you go for it. I've never had a real massage in my life (oh pity me!) and it sounds really damn excellent. Guess I should ask if I really want to know.

No comments: